Like the last 5 years, this time too, the Formula One fever gripped Bahrain.Without a doubt it is the biggest event on Bahrain’s calendar.I attended the last two days (the first one when the pole position is decided and the GP 2 race takes place and then on the day of the grand finale.)
All of you who follow the event would already know that Jenson Button won the race and Sebastien Vettel and Jarno Truli took the other two positions.So, I will spare you the details of the race and just post a photo blog from around the circuit to give an idea of the atmosphere that prevails.Here goes.
(1) I went up to the top floor and got this view of the entrance side of the circuit.
(2) The way to the corporate boxes from where ‘your’s truly’ watched the race.
(3) On entering the box I realised that I really had the pole position as far as views were concerned.I snapped a zillion pictures in no time.You are looking at the garages of the team.From here the cars come straight on to the starting grid.
(4) The team’s technical staff works frantically to get everything into top gear.
(5) The cars are tested for brakes and other things by the drivers.They speed up and brake repeatedly making enough noise to cause global deafness. Then the techies get to work again to fine tune the cars.This was on the day the pole position is decided.
(6) Some came well prepared to take on the unbelievable noise levels…..
(7) Others made do the old fashioned way!
(8) Care was taken to ensure the nutritional side of the race did not get neglected,
(9) The glamour quotient was well maintained .
(10) Regional flavor was in full force too.
(10) Youngsters made a full picnic out of the day by lounging around in 40+ temperatures.
The track temperature was recorded at a whopping 51 degrees.
(11) The entertainers kept everyone’s spirits up even as the mercury climbed upwards.
(12) The team merchandise sold like hot cakes. This year too there was nothing from Force India team.
(13) I think this blog must already be testing your patience so take a cue from this guy and take a break.See you tomorrow with the real race action from the track.